Announcing, our first ever Soup for Soup Pop Up Fundraiser. Usher in those early Spring Equinox vibes and help support BRK at the same time. Pre-order some of *Chef Kate’s Famous Soups for a suggested donation of $20, which will help us to make 6x the amount of soup for those in need. Taking orders today thru Wed. March 17th.
Here’s how it works:
1. Check out the menu above. (Veggie & Chicken).
Soups come in pint containers, accompanied by fresh baked bread from *ACQ Bread Co. in Carroll Gardens. (seriously amazing).
2. Email or Instagram DM:
We will reply with a confirmation.
3. Suggested donation is $20 per pint. Order as many as you like.
PLEASE PLACE YOUR ORDER BY: WED. March 17th (Midnight :))
4. Payment at time of Pick-up: Cash or Check (made out to Old First Reformed Church – Memo: For Brooklyn Relief Kitchen).
5. PICK-UP Saturday March 20, in front of Old First 7th Avenue and Carroll Street Brooklyn
6. Enjoy, and feel good about eating good soup, and donating to a good cause. And, Happy Spring!
* Back in 2012 Chef Kate O’Donnell was a volunteer with Andy and Piper’s Sandy Relief Kitchen. In June 2020, she rejoined the team as the full time volunteer Chef at The Kitchen. Every week since, with the help of volunteers, she has prepared more than 60,000 free meals, for those in need. Previously the chef de cuisine at three star, upscale Italian restaurant Esca, her specialities are Mediterranean Cuisine with a heavy leaning towards fish, which you can see from her instagram over at @ChefLifeByTheSea.
*ACQ Bread Co. started up during the pandemic in 2020 as well. Tyler Steinbrenner, a fermentation master/chef has grown his operation, selling and raising money to also donate loaves of bread which he now does weekly for The Kitchen. His skill and breads are unrivaled.